Whitby House Fire next Door

 Too close for comfort, that is an understatement. A major house fire next to our home was very frightening. At 12:30 am just four hours ago, my wife sounding worried said something was going on next door, not too worried I went and looked out my daughters window to see smoke billowing out of or neighbours house. Frantically I yelled fire call 911, as I reached down stairs  I could see blue and red lights.

 The noise that startled my wife, was the police and firemen pounding on their door. First you think of is self-preservation, should I wake the children? Should we get them out side? I woke my parents, who live our basement apartment and told them of the fire next door, they needed to be awake just in case. 

 They gained access to the home and after 15 minutes or so at least two people removed from the burning house, it did not look good. The fire continued to burn for three more hours, they sprayed foam to put an end to this blaze. You know, I don’t know the neighbours on that side, we lived side by side for a couple of years and I may have never said hello. Now there’s a burned out house, destroyed lives and we saw it unfold before us, we are thankful for our safety but sadden by a strangers loss; don’t let neighbours be strangers. 

 Were in this life together: Don’t wait for people to say hello, Be the people to say hello  Check your smoke detectors and have your families practice and know your homes fire drill.

Advertisements

About Off The Cuff

Hard working, entrepreneurial type with a strong desire to better develop myself spiritually, physically and financially. I'm leaning towards the comedy field for this platform to help develop myself and benefit others. Occasionally I get a good idea, thought or opinion, "Off The Cuff" is my way to share it with you. All the Best.
This entry was posted in Canada, Current News Issue, House Fire, Ontario, Uncategorized, Video's and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Whitby House Fire next Door

  1. Ginelle says:

    Where they adults?

  2. Sean this is an incredible story. Glad you are safe but heart broken for the families of the victims. You are right we all need to check our smoke detectors. You can’t be too safe.

  3. Danielle Barton says:

    Wow Sean had no idea you lived there, I can not believe after being woken to such a traumatic and emotional experience like that, you were still able to committ to Sunday morning. Thank you so much.
    I can not imagine what those young people must of gone thru, not being able to escape. Or what their families are going thru.

  4. melissa brownlee says:

    Please this is horrible for my family to see. My baby cousin was 17 she was in this fire. This video is painful to watch… May she rest in peace…

  5. Pingback: A Smouldering Loss, No Spark Of Hope! | Off The Cuff

Let Me Know What You Think

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s